29th Nov, 2020

First Aid for Pets session held by Clent Hills Vets hailed a great success

AN EMERGENCY First Aid for Pets evening in the lecture theatre at Bromsgrove School, hosted by Clent Hills Vets, was attended by 120 pet owners.

Emily Ashdown, a registered veterinary nurse and pet physiotherapist, gave a presentation which included helpful advice on a number of medical situations.

Among them were what to do in an emergency, basic health signs to look for, checking a petʼs temperature, wound management, dealing with blood loss, identifying and minimising shock.

The talk also covered how to treat wasp and bee stings, handling heat stroke and emergencies in the park.

Nurses and staff from Clent Hills Vets were on hand throughout the evening to answer any specific questions people had.

Sprocker Spaniel owner Tori Newton-Coombs said: “I love to go exploring in the countryside with my crazy spaniel but when I watch him bulldoze through bushes, ponds and even barbwire fences I have always been really worried.

“I knew how useless I would be if an accident were to occur.”

She now feels confident to deal with a number of emergency situations.

Sales of pet first aid kits and a raffle also raised funds for the Worcestershire Wildlife Trust, the vets’ chosen charity for 2018.

Printing

We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates

Property Finder 24/7

Search for properties in Worcestershire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts

Digital Advertising

Advertise on the Bromsgrove Standard to boost your online presence