THE FINAL week of this year’s Bromsgrove Festival is upon us with eight more events before the curtain comes down.
- On Wednesday, July 19, the Holborne Brass Ensemble take to the stage for the last Festive Classics event at Avoncroft Museum’s Guesten Hall. The show starts at midday and lunch is at 1pm.
- Tickets, which include lunch and a glass of wine, are £16. They must be booked in advance by visiting www.bromsgrovefestival.co.uk or calling 01527 874136. Concert only tickets are available for £8.50 on the door. Visit www.festiveclassics.co.uk or call 01527 874136 for more.
- The film Boticelli Inferno (12A) is being screened at Artrix at 7.30pm on Wednesday. The fascinating and informative art documentary focuses on the undisputed Renaissance master Sandro Boticelli. Tickets, at £10, are available from Artrix, at www.artrix.co.uk or by calling 01527 577330.
- Next Saturday, July 22, Fusion – street theatre, dance and music – comes to Bromsgrove High Street. It is a free event from 10am to 3pm and will be hosted by BBC Hereford and Worcester.
- The next Bite Sized Classics concert, aimed at getting everyone, young and old alike, into classical music, comes to St John’s Church next Saturday afternoon. The concert, which starts at 3pm, is free and is being performed by the Orchestra of St John with conductor Richard Jenkinson. Places can be booked by calling 01527 878801, at www.osjbromsgrove.org or on the door.
- The St John 2017 MusicFest presents ‘Facade’ by William Walton at St John’s Church at 7.30pm next Saturday. Tickets, at £10 in advance, are available from www.artrix.co.uk or by calling 01527 577330 or 01527 878801 (the St John’s Parish Office). Alternatively they are £12 on the door. Accompanied children go free. Visit www.osjbromsgrove.org for more.
- The St John’s MusicFest continues into the Communion service at 10.45am next Sunday, July 23. The Orchestra of St John with conductor Richard Jenkinson will take to the stage for the service, led by Rev Ray Khan. It will feature Mozart: Missa brevis No 2 in D Minor. The service is free, no tickets are required.
- Time travelling musicians Morgan and West come to Artrix at 2pm next Sunday for a jaw dropping, heart stopping, brain busting show. Tickets, at £12 (£10 under 16s) or £40 for a family ticket are available from www.artrix.co.uk or by calling 01527 577330.
- And finally, the 2017 MusicFest Gala Concert concludes this year’s Bromsgrove Festival at St John’s Church. Once again, The Orchestra of St John with conductor Richard Jenkinson, will perform a variety of classics from Beethoven from 7.30pm. Tickets are £10 in advance (from www.artrix.co.uk or by calling 01527 577330 or 01527 878801) or £12 on the door with accompanied children going free.
Visit www.bromsgrovefestival.co.uk for more on any of the events.