THERE will be a variety of bonfires and fireworks displays taking place across Bromsgrove district this weekend.
- THE ANNUAL fireworks extravaganza at Rubery Community and Leisure Centre will be held this evening (Friday).The event at the Holywell Lane venue will start at 7.45pm with gates opening at 6.30pm. Admission is £4.50 for adults and £3 for children.
- A BONFIRE Night celebration will be held at Bromsgrove Rugby Club on Friday (November 4). As well as a bonfire and fireworks, there will also be hot food available throughout the evening and a children’s funfair. Gates open at 6pm, the bonfire will be lit at 7.15pm and the fireworks display will start at 7.45pm. Tickets are £15 for a family (two adults and three children) or adults £5, children (16 and under) at £3. Under twos go free. No parking on site or or Finstall Road. No alcohol to be brought onto the premises. For more, call 01527 874690.
- TICKETS for Bromsgrove’s bonfire and fireworks display in Sanders Park will be available on market stalls in the High Street today (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday).The event takes place at the Kidderminster Road venue tomorrow, starting at 5pm with live entertainment.
Headliners The Urban Folk Quartet (UFQ) will be supported by Bromsgrove singer Jasmine Rawlings.
There is a firewalk from 6pm, the bonfire will be lit at 7pm and the fireworks display will be at 7.30pm.
Kidderminster Road will be closed to vehicle traffic from 5pm on the night to ensure the safety of the thousands of revellers.
Parking is available in several town car parks a short distance away.
Tickets are £14 for families (two adults and two children) or £5 adults and £3 children with under twos going free.
For more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01527 534030.
- BARNT GREEN Scouts and Guides’ Guy Fawkes night takes place tomorrow (Saturday) in Cofton Church Lane.Parking is available from 4pm, gates open at 5pm and the first set of fireworks will be at 6.45pm.
The bonfire will be lit around 7pm and the main fireworks display will be at 7.45pm.
There will also be fire jugglers, fire eaters, a hog roast, barbecue, hot and cold snacks, ice cream and activities for children, including bouncy slides.
Tickets in advance are £5 for adults, £2 for children (three to 16) and free to under threes. Family tickets are available in advance for £14.
Tickets are more on the gate. Search for Barnt Green Fireworks on Facebook for more.
- THE ANNUAL bonfire and fireworks event in Catshill also takes place tomorrow (Saturday).The event, on Catshill Meadow, will begin at 6pm with the bonfire lit at 6.30pm and fireworks starting at 7.15pm.
The extravaganza has been organised by the Bromsgrove Scouts in conjunction with Catshill and Marlbrook Parish Council.
Admission is £2 for adults and £1 for children with under fives free.
Alcohol and personal sparklers or fireworks are strictly forbidden and anyone appearing intoxicated will not be allowed entry.