September 26th, 2016

Woman suffers burns after cooker explosion in Hollywood caravan

Woman suffers burns after cooker explosion in Hollywood caravan Woman suffers burns after cooker explosion in Hollywood caravan
Updated: 12:17 am, Jan 08, 2016

A WOMAN has suffered burns to her face after escaping a fire caused by a gas explosion in a glass fronted cooker inside a caravan, in Hollywood.

Emergency services were called and two crews from Redditch Fire Station attended along with an ambulance to Houndsfield Lane at about 3.30pm on Friday (January 1).

The 22-year-old suffered superficial burns and was able to leave the caravan on her own.

She was treated at the scene and taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospitals’ specialist burns centre.

The fire service believe the explosion was caused by an aerosol can which was left under the grill.

Comments