THERE are plenty of free activities taking place in Bromsgrove this weekend.
1. GRAB an insight into what it is like to be a police officer or a firefighter at a special emergency services open day.
The event – at the Blue Light Centre, Slideslow Drive from midday to 4pm tomorrow (Saturday) – will enable those who go along to take part in a number of activities, including smoke tent, a chip pan fire and a fire investigation demonstration.
Wellaphant – the fire mascot – and Peeler the police dog will entertain youngsters and there will be burgers, ice cream and a cake stall available throughout the day, along with children’s rides.
2. THE LAST 2015 car boot sale for the Bromsgrove Blue Cross will take place tomorrow (Saturday).
The free event will be held at the Catshill rehoming centre, Wildmoor Lane, from 9am until 12pm.
The costs of cars is £5 or £10 for vans and trailers. Admission is free for those browsing.
3. A PHOTOGRAPHIC exhibition on the history of Artrix is currently on display at Bromsgrove Library.
The collection celebrates ten years of the popular arts centre which was opened in 2005.
As well as some fantastic pictures, there is also a multitude of information about the venue’s history and the acts that have performed there over the years.
4. THOSE who like a good tale can go along to a free storytime session at Bromsgrove Library from 10am to 10.30am tomorrow (Saturday).
The drop-in session is suitable for children of pre-school age and everyone is welcome.
5. THERE will be plenty of fun for all the family at Hillfields Animal Sanctuary, Green Hill, Blackwell (B60 1BL) this Sunday (August 23).
Those who go along to the open day from 11am will be able to meet the animals, take part in a raffle, have a go
6. AN EXHIBITION of photographs and artefacts have gone on display in the window of a Bromsgrove High Street shop.
The showing coincides with the centenary of the First World War and provides a valuable insight into the Great War and those who were involved in it.
It is part of the Town Team’s project to brighten up Bromsgrove ahead of the town’s entry into the Great British High Street competition.