PACKS of chocolate have had to be recalled by a discount supermarket after salmonella was found in a batch of them.
Aldi has recalled 200g packs of Choceur Treasures with a best before date of 1 September, 2015 after the detection of the bacteria which can cause food poisoning.
The product features whole hazelnut wrapped in waffle and milk chocolate.
It was sold only in the Midlands region including at the branches in Bromsgrove, Northfield, Droitwich, Redditch, the Maypole, near Wythall, and Worcester.
Anyone who has bought the product is advised not to eat it but to return it to their nearest store.
No other choceur or Aldi product are known to be affected.